Thursday, January 17, 2008

Step-by-Step Packing Tape Transfer That I did


A fun and easy technique to use on your ATCs, Altered Books, or you can use it to make beautiful greeting cards.

I used "Duck" band packing tape for this technique, but you can also use clear, contact paper which will render a larger piece for your image.

The best type of images to use should be laser printed, which most collage sheets are (this image is courtesy of Altered Pages), or you can make your own up. You can also use copies from a magazine, newspaper, or book.

7 comments:

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Hi Lori,

This always a fun technique & yours look great!

kitkat said...

Hi Lori, thanks for posting the instructions - I was just about to email you to ask for it. Love your creations btw. Once again thanks for sharing, I can't wait to try it out.

cinnamonspice said...

Can't wait to try this, what a neat idea...

Ms Dragonfly said...

am i missing something? how do you do it?

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad that ms dragonfly posted her comment: I cannot find the instructions either. Just the 2 pics and a few words but no instructions??????

Pink Elephant Soapery said...

Ladies please click on older posts and you will see the rest of the steps. I hope this helps!

Lori

orachel said...

I've done this as well. Came out great, but I had to wet and rub about 3 x for ages to get off all the "fluffies". It looked better wet and was still a teensy bit tacky, so I modpodged the sticky side after it was done.